The GFWC Signature Program's goal is to increase awareness of and help prevent the widespread occurrence of violence against women in communities across the nation - and the globe. Areas of focus include intimate Partner Violence, Child Abuse, Teen Dating, Campus Sexual Assault, Elder Abuse, Violence Against Native American Women, Military Sexual Assault, and Human Trafficking.
Click here for the GFWC Signature Project, Domestic Violence Awareness and Prevention from the 2020-2022 GFWC Club Manual.
Chairman: Nancy Brown; NDBrown261@gmail.com
- Club members placed posters and take-home safety cards for the Cut It Out salons against domestic violence in 15 local beauty salons.
- We collected 33 cell phones for domestic violence shelters.
- Displayed a garden of "Pinwheels for Prevention" in the month April.
- Distributed Domestic Violence brochures at a meeting.
- Had a speaker from New Hope shelter at a club meeting and donated $135 worth of socks and pajamas to the shelter.
- Donated items to "Dress for Success - Boston."