The aim of the GFWC Signature Project: Domestic Violence Awareness and Prevention, is to increase member understanding about and involvement in programs to decrease domestic violence in communities and across the nation.
Click here for the GFWC Signature Project, Domestic Violence Awareness and Prevention from the 2016-2018 GFWC Club Manual.
Chairman: Nancy Brown; NDBrown261@gmail.com
- Club members placed posters and take-home safety cards for the Cut It Out salons against domestic violence in 15 local beauty salons.
- We collected 33 cell phones for domestic violence shelters.
- Displayed a garden of "Pinwheels for Prevention" in the month April.
- Distributed Domestic Violence brochures at a meeting.
- Had a speaker from New Hope shelter at a club meeting and donated $135 worth of socks and pajamas to the shelter.
- Donated items to "Dress for Success - Boston."