The GFWC Juniors’ Special Project: Advocates for Children is designed to enable Juniorette, Junior, and General clubs to educate, advocate, and engage in projects concerning the well-being of children via health, social, and safety programs. GFWC Junior members have designed a special project, Advocates for Children, which encourages GFWC members to become active advocates for children by working to:
- Protect children from harmful situations,
- Encourage healthy lifestyles,
- Support and provide best practices for emergency care, and
- Prevent substance abuse and youth suicide.
Click here for the Junior's Special Project, GFWC Advocates for Children, from the 2016-2018 GFWC Club Manual.
Chairman: Joyce Clark; JHClark43@AOL.com
- Our club hosted the January 2008 Mid-Winter Conference where 14 members attended and donated over 100 items for Birthday Wishes for children in shelters and contributed $80 worth of items in 2012 for "Birthday in a Box."
- We provided pajamas and books for the Pajama Program at the 2008 Annual Conference in Springfield.
- Members worked at the Boys and Girls Club of Metro West during the 2008 Fall Conference painting and making centerpieces as well as donating shelving, beanbag chairs, a lego table, and books.
- Members worked at the Mercy Center in Worcester by putting together boxes and teaching materials for the center as well as donating over 100 books at the 2009 Fall Conference.
- The club purchased luminaries from Birthday Wishes and displayed them on December 2nd.
- Members donated over $100 worth of items for Birthday Wishes